Auer + Weber
• Consulting engineer
• Serge Ferrari composite materials
> Précontraint 1002 S2
Material area : 20 000 m2
38 years after the Munich Olympic Games, the mythical Olympiahalle still holds many international sporting and cultural events as well as concerts performed by the greatest popstars in the world.
Classified a historical monument, the 15,000 spectator capacity Olympiahalle was completely overhauled in 2010, including construction of a new double membrane roof structure.
The unique performance characteristics of Précontraint 1002 S2 composite material proved convincing for the internal membrane.
– remarkable dimensional stability and excellent tearing strength provided by Précontraint Serge Ferrari patented technology,
– aesthetic durability thanks to the S2 surface treatment to give greater resistance to soiling,
– high degree of strength imposed by temperature variations,
– Euroclass B-s2,d0 fire rating